Hello!

First, I want to I apologize for the lack of updates recently.
we have had our heads-down working on La-Mulana, but we’ve been trying to find the exact words to say to our fans.

As you may already know, we’ve been working continuously and non-stop on releasing La-Mulana US/EU versions since this summer.
But the things haven’t work out as we had planned almost six months ago.

We’ve submitted lotcheck three times before we finished the development of the game and, just like for you the fans, it’s a bit frustrating for all of us working on the game that it’s not in your hands this very moment.

There are several reasons why it has taken longer than we initially expected and I really would like to tell you all about it. However, we’re in the business of making great games and want to continue doing so for as long as we can.

We can say that sometimes making games and the elements surrounding them can be a massive pain in the ass because it’s not all just game development.

Anyway, you can probably imagine how we feel

So, La-Mulana is complete. Depending on how quickly things move within the new year then we can look forward to releasing La-Mulana then.

Thank you all for being so patient and supportive of NIGORO and Nicalis as we wrap up La-Mulana and we apologize that we couldn’t release La-Mulana within 2011.

But no matter what, La-Mulana will be released on WiiWare. We don’t want any speculation suggesting otherwise.

With that said, we have some very big news, positive for a large number of fans.

We’ve decided to release La-Mulana outside of just consoles, too.

There has been enough feedback and e-mails from fans suggesting we do so. We’ve started on the new version and I’m thankful to everyone of you.

Because of that we want to show the first two screen shots.

We will update more details on the blog as soon as confirmed, thanks to all of you and have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Comments

1. Stargoat says:

Hey, just wondering what’s up? It’s been over three months without news… if it’s been canned, at least tell us; this is becoming a joke.

2. L.J.Silver says:

Please update? I am worried it might have been cancelled. Reports are coming in that we might see a release soon. Are these reports true? Tell us! Everybody is waiting.

To nintendo or nicalis: Here we are in 2012, years after the announcement, and the Wii’s in it’s delcining year. I may not be able to afford a wiiu. Sorry if i can’t keep up my support.

Good job completing the game, and thank you for porting it to pc. Asterizm is the best! May we all enjoy it soon! Expecting updates, remember!

3. King Reggin says:

Will not be purchasing, it doesn’t take this long to release a game this simple. Likely a scam all along.

4. Make this game available for the 3ds!

5. Zantagor says:

Euh guys? it’s been 3 months since the last update, what the hell is going on now? Seriously this is really starting to sound like a sick joke at this point.

6. Kapow says:

I hope you guys go with a different publisher for the PC version, unless you’re already under contract with Nicalis. After the delays on Cave Story Wii and now this, I have to wonder why the “publisher” has so much trouble actually “publishing” games. There are a growing number of publishers who specialize in translating and releasing Japanese indie games on Steam, I’m sure they would love to help get this amazing game into the hands of all its fans.

7. Ralph says:

Please Guys, give us an update, it’s been 3 months waiting for news and nothing, what happened so far? what does Nintendo of America say about the approval of the final product, what hopes we have to see this game soon, please let us know. Thank you

8. Seraph830 says:

More than halfway through March 2012. No release, no updates, not even a snippet of what’s going on.

9. Kesley says:

I’m still waiting so patiently for this game. See how good I am? I’ve waited a few years now and I’m still excited! Please don’t give up on releasing La-Mulana for the WiiWare in the U.S. I have been looking forward to this game longer than any game I can remember. The day it is released here will be a glorious day of singing and merriment. My thumbs ache in mounting anticipation for what will come. Make way for the mighty adventure that will conquer the imaginations of those who invite in their homes. This is a game that will be well worth the wait but my will has been well worn under the weight of anticipation though nonetheless it shall abide. I continue waiting ever so patiently…..

10. Larry says:

IGN reports that La Mulana will be out on wiiware on March 31, 2012. Could this be true?

11. Any new information? Please?

12. theRagingGAmer says:

Yawn, it’ll be done by the end of next year, don’t worry they got this.

13. Lanlost (Brent) says:

We can probably say at this point that it’s been cancelled or scrapped, at least the Wii version. We might see the PC version but it may be way in the future and ‘leaked’ or something.

This is officially the Wii’s Duke Nukem Forever. It’s just not well known.

I’m beginning to think our only chance to get an update is to post something on Reddit about this and get at least everyone in here to upvote it so it gets enough recognition to gain some sort of momentum so that the developers will give us an update. That’s all we friggen want. At this point EVERYONE here would be SO happy to have a message from the developers. Hell, I’ll take “We’re still alive.”

Hell, I’d take “Hello, World!”

14. Stojan says:

Would You mind to tell us :
    WHAT IS GOING ON ?
    Thank You.

15. What’s more disheartening is that you know they’re checking this blog as recent comments have been approved by them. An update, please? We beg of you!

16. Welcome to March. I’m sure this game will come out someday.

17. Pidgeo5 says:

Hey guys,

I know you must be busy, but how about a proper update? We haven’t heard anything in two months, and I check the site every week hoping there will be some scrap of news. I’m really excited for this game, and your announcement over the Christmas break rekindled that excitement, but now this site has gone silent and it’s a little maddening.

I’m so excited to hear that other platforms are being considered, but surely there must be some new developments since your announcement in December? Even if it’s just a “Hey everyone! We’re still working on the project and we should have something for you all soon” would be nice.

It’s just that after 3 years, there still isn’t a release window or official platform announced for this game (besides Wii and a hint at PC). It’s getting hard to follow with no information.

If you can, could you give us all a new blog post? Pretty please? 🙂

18. thatguy says:

About time for an update guys! I’m dyin’ over here… needs mah game!

19. ....... says:

No update since December? What’s going on? Is this game ever coming out at this point?

20. Toothache says:

I’ve seen several sites that have listed a Q1 2012 release for La-Mulana on Wii for North America, and one or two even giving a date of 31st March. Is there any confirmation of these rumours?

21. Mark says:

It’s great to see that you’re working on a PC version of the game. However, I hope that it isn’t stuck on just Windows. A Mac and Linux version would not only be nice, but it would also allow those who don’t have a Windows machine or a Wii to play the game. Just a suggestion.

22. Ian VanDerWyst says:

A version for the Nintendo 3DS would be truly fantastic! I am the oldest gamer in the world (40) and know these things. The 3ds E-shop is happening right now and great games get coverage and visibility on it.

I will keep dreaming about this…

23. Euh, Guys, it’s been over a month since then, any progress? At this rate I feel the PC version will be out and ready before the Wiiware one.

24. walter says:

I’m waiting on the Wiiware version. The keyboard kinda makes my wrists ache, and I prefer the 8-bit look over the 16-bit. Do you think if you get enough sales, you can update the melody to that song you had to change back to original? Meanwhile I’m playing Cave Story.

25. Valcris says:

I’m done waiting. I’ll just be sticking to the original PC release. I’m not giving any money to a company that can’t release a finished game within a decent timeframe.

26. @ Lantlost (Brent)
    I beg to differ. Just play Cave Story for PC. Its free, the soundtrack is awesome, and it has all the features it needs. If you really want to spend money on it, buy the $5 Steam edition.

But, I wouldn’t buy anything Nicalis puts out from now on. They sure love to just avoid its customers.

I’d wait for this game though.

27. Sergio says:

Noooo! You went past the Wiimote! Turn back! Turn back!

28. About the PC Version: Good to hear.

Why? Because this game has taken SO long to be released that I don’t even have my Wii anymore. I suspect I’m not the only person who has been (or did, like Mii!) keeping their Wii, at least hooked up, at this point SPECIFICALLY hoping that this game get’s it’s release.

I know it’s not you developers fault at this point. It just seems strange that it was released in Japan so long ago. I find it hard to believe that there were so many bugs that it has taken this long to fix. I also find it hard to believe that IF THERE WERE that many bugs it would have already been released overseas in Japan. Do they have less quality control?

Do yourself a favor and play Cave Story for Wii. It’s been out for ages and is amazing game. Hopefully it will keep your attention long enough so that when this comes out in another two years you will still be excited.

This is getting ridiculous guys. How can it possibly take since June 21st of LAST YEAR to get a completed game released?

29. Arucard says:

A shame about the holdup, but definitely a good move releasing on PC. Any word on the guides though? Maybe digital download with PC version?

30. Riptillian says:

You have my thanks for everything you have done so far.
    I really do wish to buy the Wiiware pc version, reason is I don’t own a Wii.
    I will be looking forward to all this and wish to see hell temple, I almost finished the original hell temple 😀

31. Vicente says:

Hi, it’s amazing you’re going to release La-Mulana on windows (again), you know, at the time I played Maze of Galious on my old MSX, and I love such games! (And because I don’t have a Wii!)

Now, for windows I would suggest you this: given PCs have a very high display resolution, ideally, the graphics should have at least twice the number of pixels of the WII version; now, I know this might probably be impossible, so, the second best thing would be that, if possible, you can add all the realtime pixel art filters that are arround, like 2XSAL, etc.

Given you have control of the source code, you could simply scale up all the graphics (keeping them pixelated) and filtering the graphics only at load time with the user selected filter, that would help keep the game fast!

It’s the same tricks most “old school” emulators do to enhance image quality of very old games. Blue-Msx is a very good example of this.

32. A PC version! Hooray!

Please, please, please put this game on Steam! I said I would buy two copies, and I really mean it! I’d love to give a copy to my brother, and I really think you would get more sales on Steam than WiiWare.

I look forward to hearing more about your PC release. 🙂

33. Fluffy Bunny says:

Glad to see the PC-version. I just completed Cave Story+ on Steam and am looking forward to more awesome platforming for my err.. platform of choice.

34. The Retro Nutcase says:

Wow, a PC version? That’s great news! It makes me wonder something, regarding a previous article. You mentioned having to downscale the graphics of La-Mulana to work on the Wii, due to it not being an HD console. Since the PC wouldn’t have that limitation, could we expect this version of La-Mulana to be true high definition? Because I think that would be a wonderful thing to see.

35. Kesley says:

Thank you! I was getting worried. I hope 2012 is a very successful year for everyone involved.

36. tramps says:

oh thank god, i don’t have to buy a wii.

37. The man says:

Yes! Yes! I can hardly believe that you’re going to release it on other platforms! Gentlemen, you have honestly made my day. This is the best announcement I’ve read on this site, and I’ve been following this blog for about more than two and a half years! I wish you well on your endeavors!

38. MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC

39. Nick Johnson says:

Seriously, screw nintendo at this point. They’re horribly incompetent at this and I don’t blame you in the slightest for this huge delay. Finish your PC version and release it over Steam. At this rate, it’ll probably be faster in coming out than the wiiware version.

40. Tye The Czar says:

In addition of the hopes that you bring this wonderful game to Steam, I hope you add features like Steamworks and Steam Cloud.

41. DeceasedCrab says:

Nice to see such excellent news, especially in Christmas. Hope the WiiWare version will be released soon.

And, JMan, that’s enough.

42. UltraJMan says:

Holy , you really have outdone yourselves, Nigoro.

WiiWare news + PC version in the oven, I am overjoyed!!!

P.D.:

Do not release any if it contains Engrish. Do a grammar check first!!!

43. Krendall says:

“There are several reasons why it has taken longer than we initially expected and I really would like to tell you all about it.”

I would really like to see what these are. I think it would do a lot to appease the whiners over the past few months.

It’s cool to hear about a PC release, though I hope you don’t decide to wait on releasing the US/EU WiiWare game until that’s done, too.

I guess for me, the only issue is that there are no estimates for a release. If you were to announce, say, April ’12 or whenever you think you might be done as a rough release date I would feel a lot less anxious.

44. Mima says:

A PC release of the remake is the greatest thing ever. I really can’t wait now.

45. Tiktalik says:

La-Mulana HD for PC? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! Also, a linux version would be nice too… 😉

46. Vakama94 says:

So a PC version is coming? yes! I was waiting for the WiiWare version but since I got my PS3 I haven’t touched my Wii in months, I’ll wait for the PC version instead, thanks Nigoro! great to see that this game will be in other platforms

Trackbacks

1. […] in development since 2009, will release this year, developer Nigoro (via Siliconera) has said in a blog post. It’s coming out on WiiWare, and two PC screens have been shown, although there’s […]

2. […] Fuente: Nicalis Vía: ShackNews Tweet /* […]

3. […] diğer platformlara da çıkacak. 25 Aralık 2011′de La-Mulana‘nın geliştiricisi Nigoro‘nun La-Mulana blog girdisi ile hem gecikmeler için özür dilendi ve hem de oyunun tamamlandığını ve 2012 yılında çıkacağı bildi […]