Report 2

Hello everyone!
We are sorry for no update for 4 months.

A lot of things happened in the last 4 months, but we still don’t have
anything to release officially.
However, we wrote this article because we want to tell you as much as
we can say at the moment.

WiiWare version:
The master data for NOA and NOE was handed to our publisher, Nicalis.
After that, we haven’t received any reports.
So, we have no idea when the release date is determined.

PC version:
We have almost finished developing it.
Debuggers are in the middle of testing.
In the meantime, we are discussing where and how to sell it.
Off course, PC version is being released overseas.

For the future:
We are not only a developer but also a publisher in WiiWare Japanese version.
That is why we could make statements freely and quickly.
We will be able to talk about the PC version freely.
So, we will reply comments about PC version as many as possible.
We are sorry for keeping fans waiting such a long time, and thanks for
your encouragement forever.
We promise to do our best to deliver LA-MULANA ASAP.
Thank you again for your patience.

P.S.
NIGORO members are not good at speaking except Japanese, even so we
work hard to make statement in English. Sorry if that sounds funny!

Bookmark this on Digg
Bookmark this on Delicious
Bookmark this on Digg

Comments

1. Hi guys,

It’s sad to hear the news about the Wiiware cancellation of La Mulana in USA and Europe. I know it’s due external factors. You guys are awesome, and La Mulana is one of the best game ever. You deserve the best!!

I would like to encourage you to finish the new PC version, and would like to say that we are thousand of fans awaiting, whatever it takes and please don’t worry about the time. We are here and we love you!

Best,

G87

2. Tommaso Mongelli says:

Please NIGORO, don’t give up. I hope you have the strenght to find a new Wiiware publisher. We have been waiting for so long! Ganbatte.

3. Mathieu says:

Hi there,

i’m really disappointed to see that the game won’t be released on the european wiiware, but i’m eager to see the pc version!
    I’m now playing an old version of the game, i’m at the beginning and i’m very, very, very impressed.

I agree with some statements above, steam would be very good for this game, it deserve more notoriety. Anyways, no matter the platform it will be released on, the game will be mine on the first day.

Total support and greetings from France.

4. I have read today at indiegames.com , that wiiware version is not going to launch in EU and U.S. , is this true??

5. kesley says:

I really would like to see this game come to the Wii. I hope all is not lost. I do look forward to the PC version as well.

6. Cardia says:

I don’t have a Wii but i finished Original La-Mulana on PC. I’m waiting for the remake, please, release it on Steam ! :D You’ll have my money !

7. FunktionJCB says:

Glad to see the PC version is coming out soon.
    I’m really looking forward to play it!

Best of luck with the game!

8. TheMaverickk says:

Can you guys go to another publisher such as XSeed perhaps to publish the game?

They always seem more then happy to bring Japanese games over, and they are far more reliable from what I’ve seen. Even being more diligent with the games out there.

It’s actually really upsetting to read that Nicalis is saying that they were still waiting for La-Mulana to be finished…. but this seems contradictory considering you released the game in Japan. So how is the game unfinished?

The only thing technically needed to be done I assume was the translation, and any other little bugs that could be found.

Anyways like I said Nigaro should look towards another publisher possibly. If not just do it yourself on Steam if you can. It’s an indie developer haven.

9. Steven says:

Dear La-Mulana staff:

I have just heard from the internet that Nicalis has cancelled publishing the game stateside today. I just hope they were not your only option for WiiWare.

As for the PC version, I am willing to get it via PC as long as it is available outside of digital distribution centers, like Steam.

10. Sabrewing says:

How could this be allowed to happen?! What in the world were they afraid of? Nigoro, PLEASE start looking for a new publisher — don’t let this game completely die!

11. Nerem says:

Cancelled. :(

12. pidgeo5 says:

Looks like Nicalis made the decision to abandon Wii-ware. All that’s left is PC.

13. http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=176464

How much of this is lies? Fuck Nicalis, trying to pin all of the blame on you guys. Fuck them hard. Get the PC port out asap.

14. Yoshi says:

For PC digital distribution, Steam and Good Old Games (GoG) would be the two recommended decisions by consumers for the PC. Valve provides a simple process to publish games on Steam, and La-Mulana would find an excellent home for many years to come!

15. Kapow says:

WOW, Nicalis just announced on twitter that the WiiWare game is CANCELLED!

The game was already self-published in Japan, but this publishing company can’t manage to publish it over here. What an amazing job!

Let me guess, they just found out they won’t get a cut of the PC version sales?

16. WRuddick says:

From nicalis twitter

Nicalis, Inc. ‏ @nicalis

Regarding La-Mulana, we have chosen to cancel publishing in North America and Europe for WiiWare.

WHAT. THE. ****.

Are you…. are you kidding me?

17. I just want to say that I’m sorry the publishing deal with Nicalis didn’t go through.
    Whether it was their fault or Nintendo’s certification I don’t think we can say, but I’m sorry regardless.

I will but the PC version when it’s released though.

18. Abster says:

Coming from Nicalis’s twitter, the Wiiware version of La-Mulana for US/Europe was cancelled, so essentially the PC version is all we have to look forward to now. Fortunately, this PC version will be superior to the Wiiware version anyway, so I still have faith in this project.

19. AnuBleed says:

F*** you Nigoro.

20. Hayato says:

How is the guide going? Thanks for the update =D Keep it up!

21. LA-MULANA STAFF says:

Thank you for comments.
    We answer the question are as much as possible, please refer to the log.
    Thank you.

22. Thanks for the update regarding the PC version of La Mulana. It’s good to hear progress is still being made, after four months I was worried the game had been cancelled! I hope you’ll consider Steam for your PC release, there have been more and more (translated) Japanese games on Steam recently, and I think La Mulana will do well on that platform.

23. traumafox says:

For PC version, try Steam!

24. Stargoat says:

Ah, I was really looking forward to the Wii version, but it’s looking less and less likely every day :(.

Still, a PC release would be great, especially un-compromised by the Wii’s weird size limits.

25. You can try releasing the game on Steam!

This is the submission form for games:

26. I have only one question: Will this game be available on the Mac?

27. Open up pre-orders, and you can have all my money.

28. Oh, also you should make sure to include native gamepad support for the PC version. I would suggest using the 360 controller, as that seems to be the standard.

Get it out ASAP and I’ll still purchase it, but I refuse to wait for much longer.

29. I would be angry at Nicalis if I were you guys. They haven’t even promoted your game at all. This is ridiculous. Get the PC version out as soon as possible and release it on GoG.com and Steam. You will actually make some money this way.

30. Miles Bluefalls says:

Thank you so much for the update on the status of the game, especially the news that it will be released on PC overseas. I can’t wait to buy this. Thank you all for the original game, thank you for the beautiful-looking ports, and thank you for having the patience to tough out the horrible time you have had with the localization process.

31. Robert says:

While Steam is a very strong distribution service, there’s always the demographic that will greatly appreciate an alternate, independent, DRM-free method to purchase the game.

Hopefully an impending PC release will encourage the publishers to stop dragging their feet with the wiiware version!

Also, I don’t remember exactly where, but I have been told that hell temple was cut into DLC because of wiiware size limits. I don’t know if that is true, but if it was the case, will it be handled any differently for the PC release?

32. Zeta says:

Steam is a very welcoming platform for doujin and/or indie titles on PC, so it would be a great place to sell La-Mulana overseas.

33. It’s good to hear from you guys again!
    Sad that it’s bad news though. I’m starting to dislike Nicalis…

Anyway, will the PC version be using different art assets (the non-scaled down originals)?

34. Anonymous52555 says:

Oh oops, sorry I missed your response to someone else about the price so just ignore my previous question. Anyways, I can’t wait for the PC release. I was able to buy a copy of the Japanese version of the Wiiware version and I have to say you guys have outdone yourselves. I’ve also given Hell Temple a go and it was a long night but I finally beat it, you guys are evil :). One thing I’m interested in with the PC version is doing a Speedrun/RTA. That will surly be fun.

35. Anonymous52555 says:

How much will the PC version cost?

36. LA-MULANA STAFF says:

We have published the making of La-Mulana successively with NIGORO official site.
    Sorry it is only in Japanese….

37. Great to see this still moving forward! When you say PC version, will it also be ported to OSX?

Very excited to see the changes between the new and old versions! Wish I could read through the notes on making La-Mulana on the NIGORO website.

38. LA-MULANA STAFF says:

We want to release on the same day Japanese ver. and English ver.

39. joakim says:

Hello thanks for giving us an update finally. I find it awesome that the pc version is so far in the works.
    Is the pc release going to be out on the same day in all regions?

40. Eric says:

Steam.

41. Strider says:

Thanks, thanks, thanks a lot!!! Finally a good news!
    Steam or GOG or anything else, the pc versione will be mine at day-one release.

42. Zeewolf says:

I think this game looks awesome, and I’ll definitely buy it (especially if it’s released on Steam – though GOG.com is another very good alternative for retro-style games).

43. LA-MULANA STAFF says:

The PC version support a keyboard, a USB game pad, and a wired XBox 360 controller.

44. Nillansan says:

Dear Staff,

I am so excited about the PC version of La-Mulana, thank you so much!

Will the game natively support a wired XBox 360 controller?

I hope that the game will be released on Steam, it is certainly the most ideal distribution platform.

Kind regards,
    N

45. LA-MULANA STAFF says:

Thank you for your many comments!.
    Because my English is poor, I cannot reply to all comments.
    Please do not worry even if there is no reply.Thank you.

46. Just so long we get to play it some day, I should be good. PC version sounds promising. I know it’s got to be frustrating to keep everyone waiting, especially when people complain. Good luck, you guys!

47. LA-MULANA STAFF says:

So far, we plan to distribute the OST on bandcamp.

48. Rossmallo says:

Frigging FINALLY. Holy hell, I thought you guys had given up.

Also, what’s the latest news on the official soundtrack? Ie, when is it going up on Itunes or whatever?

49. Krendall says:

Thanks for the update. At this rate, it looks like the PC version will be out before the WiiWare. Oh, well, Nintendo’s loss, because I am anxious to own this game.

50. meij says:

Good to see the PC version is still coming. Steam is a great place to sell La-mulana overseas. Sales could be very good because many many people use Steam to buy games. There aren’t too many good platform adventure games so La-mulana will be a surprisingly good addition to Steam.

Trackbacks