Report 2

Hello everyone!
We are sorry for no update for 4 months.

A lot of things happened in the last 4 months, but we still don’t have
anything to release officially.
However, we wrote this article because we want to tell you as much as
we can say at the moment.

WiiWare version:
The master data for NOA and NOE was handed to our publisher, Nicalis.
After that, we haven’t received any reports.
So, we have no idea when the release date is determined.

PC version:
We have almost finished developing it.
Debuggers are in the middle of testing.
In the meantime, we are discussing where and how to sell it.
Off course, PC version is being released overseas.

For the future:
We are not only a developer but also a publisher in WiiWare Japanese version.
That is why we could make statements freely and quickly.
We will be able to talk about the PC version freely.
So, we will reply comments about PC version as many as possible.
We are sorry for keeping fans waiting such a long time, and thanks for
your encouragement forever.
We promise to do our best to deliver LA-MULANA ASAP.
Thank you again for your patience.

P.S.
NIGORO members are not good at speaking except Japanese, even so we
work hard to make statement in English. Sorry if that sounds funny!

Comments

1. LA-MULANA STAFF says:

On PC version, we map up and jump to the different keys. You can rest easy.

2. LemGambino says:

This is good news, I’ve been waiting for La-Mulana on Wii for ages.

For the PC version, please do the following: DON’T MAP UP AND JUMP TO THE SAME KEYS. Sorry for the caps, but that was my most irksome thing with the original game. I also hope you’ll have multiple screen res options too, and ability for windowed support.

Any chance La-Mulana will get ported to other consoles? Cavestory was ported to pretty much every Nintendo console ever, so I’m jcurious.

Keep up the good work! (and don’t worry about the english, I got the gist of what you were saying)

3. Can we have an estimate on the PC release date?

4. Thank you for the update. We love you guys.

5. Nicktendo says:

So good to hear that the game is still on track for launch! Checking this blog everyday has really paid off! Ever since the Japanese release last year I was really beginning to wonder if we would ever get to play it on our shores! Thank you for updating us and I hope everything goes smoothly so we can deliver Peace to Mother!

6. Nabe says:

Hey! It’s good to hear from you. After all, any news is good news.

Nicalis seems to have dropped the ball on this one. Maybe it’s because of a focus on WiiU development instead, not to mention their continued love affair with Amaya-san. (For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvB8bAgyvCA)

I am eagerly looking forward to the PC version! Here’s hoping I can put my money in your hands soon, haha.

7. MrZeebub says:

YEA news! Good to see you guys are still breathing. Can’t wait for the PC release.

8. LA-MULANA STAFF says:

To answer.
    1. There are a few. Details will be posted one of these days.
    2. We have not decided yet.
    3. DLC may be added later when more games sold.
    4. We want to release if possible. But it takes a lot of money to translate. I’m undecided.

9. Thank you for working hard on the game! I still have points on my Wii from last year for the Wiiware version, but I’m looking more forward to the PC version now.

I just have four questions.
    1. Will the PC version include anything extra?
    2. How will the PC version be released (e.g. Steam)?
    3. How will the downloadable content be handled for the PC version?
    4. Are there still plans to release an English version of the guide?

10. LA-MULANA STAFF says:

Details will be posted.
    You can play the hell temple on PC version.

11. gg nicalis top qualyt companee

On the PC release, will we expect a release on Steam? Also, will the Hell Temple be included or as DLC?

12. Yay! At last some news!!

Glad to hear the pc-version, i dont´t have a wii anymore…

Hope it doesn´t take too long 😉

13. Thank you for updating! I’m thrilled that the PC version is so far along. Please consider releasing it through Steam if possible.

And your English is quite good!

14. LA-MULANA STAFF says:

It is a reasonable anger.
    From now on we will publish the information of the PC version responsibly.

15. Zantagor says:

Good to hear that you’ve dropped Nicalis for the PC version. 4 month without giving any updates or news to either their customers or developers is completely unacceptable on a professional standpoint.

heck, at this point, I wouldn’t even be surprised that the PC version is out before the Wiiware version over here in the US.

16. I’m glad to hear this! Good job, guys!

17. LA-MULANA STAFF says:

Well… NIGORO have no experience in game development on a Mac.
    I hope to one day is possible I think.First, we want to give priority to release the Windows version.

18. Parnash says:

Hey, it’s cool, guys! Glad to hear you’re working on the PC version. My only question about that is if it’ll be compatible for the Mac as well?

Also, one can only hope that Nicalis gets the act together, too. I’d say send them a letter or something at this point.

19. LA-MULANA STAFF says:

We hope that the sale of game on their own to do as much as possible.
    Cause of the delay in the release English version is not only because Nicalis.
    Some things may be that we now seek the help of Nicalis, and is currently pending.

20. Usagi says:

Will NIGORO be publishing the English version of La-Mulana for PC, or will Nicalis be handling that also? The longer this goes on, the less I want to give Nicalis any of my money. I will, though, if it’s the only way I can get La-Mulana~

Thank you for all of your hard work!

21. Pidgeo5 says:

Thanks for the update guys! That’s all we wanted to hear. 🙂

I’m still excited for this game, but I think I’ll be picking it up on PC when it comes out (which sounds like it could be before the US/EUR release on Wiiware). I’m really excited to play La-Mulana again, so I’m looking forward to when it finally gets released!

がんばて!NIGOROの英語はすごい!あなたたちの気持ちいわかてるよ。(^v^)

22. The obvious question about the PC version:

Will it be available on Steam?

23. LA-MULANA STAFF says:

We already do a remake of the game is finished on Wii version, then there is no change in the contents of the game on PC version.
    First, we will aim to release the game as soon as possible.
    I think that is good to enjoy extra contents after the release.

24. The man says:

Well, I’m sure I speak for all of us when I say that I’m thankful for a new update. Steam seems like the most logical choice for PC distribution, seeing as Cave Story went the same route (and was highly successful). My only hope is that you were able to expand the game since the PC doesn’t have a ridiculous 50 MB size limit to the game. Even if you decided not to cram it full of features, this game is still a day 1 purchase for me. Thank you for your continued work of this masterpiece.

25. For the love that you have put into a proper La-Mulana remake, I would wait for years. I will always appreciate everything you have done for fans of La-Mulana. Thank you so much for your effort. I will patiently wait as long as I have to so I may purchase the game. 🙂

26. LA-MULANA STAFF says:

We are going out of the PC version’s information on this site now.
    Of course, there are changes or modifications to suit the PC.

27. Abster says:

I have to ask, what are some of the differences between the Wiiware and this upcoming PC version? Will there be a higher resolution allowing for smoother character sprites to match those of the guardians?

28. LaMulanaFan says:

Thanks for the update guys. I’m excited for the WiiWare version but I’m patient too so I don’t mind if it isn’t coming for a while, as long as it’s before the Wii U comes out I guess. But I’d rather it get released sooner than laster! Thanks for all your hard work 😀 Oh & your english was easily readable too.

29. LA-MULANA STAFF says:

We apologize that we did not publish any information about the english version.
    We did not think it is difficult that we release Japanese product in overseas.

30. I swear, this is going to become vaporware at this rate. You built up the hype, and now people are losing faith.

31. Nerem says:

That’s great to hear. Your progress on the PC version is pretty quick! I say this more then makes up for the delay.

As for your English, I think you’re doing pretty good. It’s kind of stilted but it’s easily understandable.

32. LA-MULANA STAFF says:

Now, there is no ability for Wii version to us.
    We are focused on to release as soon as possible either.

33. I’m glad at least you guys are keeping us up to date, because Nicalis isn’t saying anything.

I would like to know, if the PC version is finished before the WiiWare version is released, will you wait until the WiiWare version is out or will you sell it as soon as possible?

Also, you should sell it on Steam!

34. LA-MULANA STAFF says:

Thank you a lot of information and suggestions.
    We are considering a variety of release methods.
    We will tell when we’ve decided it in this blog.

35. MYKSelf says:

As for the methods to publish it, if legally possible on your situation, I recommend this ones:

– STEAM: http://www.steampowered.com. VERY famous and very reliable. Light DRM but great public penetration. Windows and Mac support.

– GOG: http://www.gog.com. From CD PROJEKT, the creators of The Witcher and The Witcher 2. No DRM and great public support. Not that great public penetration yet, but in ascent lately. Only Windows support at the moment.

– DESURA: http://www.desura.com. Popular distribution platform, supporting Windows, Mac and Linux.

– GamersGate: http://www.gamersgate.com. Another platform in ascend, supporting windows and Mac. No info about the DRM, but it’s popular too.

– Origin: http://www.origin.com. Distribution platform from EA Games. Very heavy DRM and VERY intrusive software. Included here for completion, but, for me, this one is a great no-no.

There are other, but this ones have with international support and they are reliable platforms, tested and secure. GOG is very interesting, because distributes the games without DRM, and this is good for the gamers. However, if this is a problem for you, STEAM has a good compromise between DRM and freedom to the user. All this, off course, is IMHO.

Hope it helps!

36. TheRagingGamer says:

AT LAsT! an update!!!, THANK YOU GUYS!!, we are all excited that there will be a PC version coming soon. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

37. Steam? Achievements?

38. Cenes says:

Thanks for the update guys, we really appreciate everything you do. I know that you’re all working really hard on getting this game released, especially after all the time you put into it. Kudos, and thank you for all that you have done. 🙂

39. Pickelfresh says:

I have a couple of questions. What is the estimated price for the PC version, and will it be on Steam?

40. LA-MULANA STAFF says:

About the price: It is not decided yet. We want as much as the price of Japanese Wii version.
    About the platform: I also wrote other comments, we are considering, including Steam.

41. Edgeworth says:

Ah, the norwegian wiiware site had La-Mulana scheduled for an April release so I had my hopes up and was frequently checking the wii store. As far as a PC goes a Steam release would be great. Will be buying it for PC and Wii anyway 🙂

42. LA-MULANA STAFF says:

That would be pleasing to Naramura, the game director.
    New La-Mulana will make you a well-trained masochist, I suppose.

43. At this point, I’m glad to hear anything, even if it’s really nothing. The game has made a masochist of me.

44. thanks for keeping us posted! And your english has been good enough to get the point across, so don’t worry about that. ^_^

Hopefully whatever the cause of the delay on their end gets resolved soon! Of the last remaining Wii/Wiiware titles I have to say this is still #1 on my list even after all this time!

45. LA-MULANA STAFF says:

But also consider that we release this game on Steam, we need to examine the platform.

46. Wruddick says:

Release the pc version on steam. I don’t care about any other medium of pc gaming. I repeat, all that matters is a steam release.

Also, ****ing nicalis sucks so bad for making this take so long, as well as all of the lot check Nintendo bs… You guys have such a hard time, but steam barely has any quality control (tons of crappy stuff on steam), so it should be fast and easy at least

Steam!

47. LA-MULANA STAFF says:

I hope we can release this game on Steam.

48. Mima says:

With how fast Nicalis have been pumping out Cave Story rehashes, I don’t think that Nintendo is entirely to blame for the lack of word from Nintendo Europe and America.

It’s great to hear about the PC version nearly being done. It most likely means I’ll get this over the Wii version if they’re released at similar times.

My answer, and likely what a lot of others will suggest, is to release the game on Steam.

49. LA-MULANA STAFF says:

Thank you for the first comment.

50. Theo Swartz says:

Your english is good. I can understand everything perfectly well! Looking forward to the release! ♥ La-Mulana