Do you enjoy exploring?

How is La-Mulana? Do you enjoy exploring?
Be sure to tell us your impressions.
I want to feel festivity overseas.

Now, we summed up FAQ.

Q. The game doesn’t work on Windows 7(64bit version).
A. We suggest to you that you start La-Mulana as an administrator or XP compatible mode.

Q. The game will freeze when I try to save.
A. It will happen if your OS is Windows7(64bit version).
I suggest to you that you start La-Mulana as an administrator or XP compatible mode.

To start La-Mulana as an administrator or XP compatible mode,

[1] Right-click the icon of La-Mulana on your desktop screen.
[2] Select “Property”.
[3] Select “Compatibility” tab.
[4] Change “Start this program as an administrator or XP compatible mode” and press OK button.

Q. USB controller doesn’t work.
A. I suggest to you that you use one with less than 8 buttons except the directional pad.

For everyone who wants to use an USB gamepad with less than 14 buttons:
You can use GlovePie and write a script to map controller buttons /combinations to keyboard keys. I’m using a SNES gamepad and have no problems at all 🙂
Blizzz

We received above comment. You may find a way.

Q4.This Ruins is full of trap!
A4.Elder Xelpud says “La-Mulana Ruins is wonderful tourist site. This adventure will be a pleasant memory.”

And, if you find bugs of La-Mulana, please contact PLAYISM.

EN
contact@playism-games.com

JP
contact@playism.jp

Now, I’m looking forward to your scream.

Comments

1. CrispyYoshi says:

Hey Jaclin, I read your post, and I thought I might point you to the 32-bit La.MuLANA Wiki me and a bunch of other users are working on:

It has a rip of all of the maps, as well as many additional information to help you get through the game! It is work-in-progress, though a large chunk of information is already on there.

2. LA-MULANA STAFF says:

I am sorry for late reply.
    We can’t release tools like a map editor right now.
    We hope that LA-MULANA is known widely, and we become able to manage to raise the fund for making tools such as map editor.

3. ForOhFor Error says:

Once again, NIGORO, Do you guys plan on releasing any sort of tool for editing the time attack maps? I recall you had such a tool for the original PC release. It wasn’t well documented, though.

4. Do you have any plans to expend the game at some point ? Or release a level editor ?

5. LA-MULANA STAFF says:

I am sorry for late reply.
    Please report the details to Playism.
    contact@playism-games.com
    Thank you.

6. DudeBro says:

I’m still having problems when I run it in Compatibility mode and as an Admin. The game starts in a tiny window so small that I can’t see anything at all, and I can’t resize or fullscreen it. I can hear the game music and sound, however. Does anyone have a clue what’s going on? I’m running windows 7 64-bit.

7. Akimaye says:

Is there a reason why the statues in Goddess Tower were censored in this version? I thought you were okay with it in the Wiiware version.

8. Jaclin says:

Guten Tag.

Thank you so much for the english version of this remake! I once played the original game but got stuck halfway through and stopped playing it because I was so frustrated. So I gave it another shot with this super awesome remake, and I’m loving it. but long story short; right now I’m stuck and I really don’t know where else I should go. I then checked the map and found like 3 rooms with magenta colored borders around them, but what is the purpose of those borders? I would appreciate a map legend.

Auf Wiedersehen.

9. madcow says:

Hey username “retard” or anybody else using wine. Ever get this to work with keyboard, or does a gamepad work? I don’t have a gamepad, but am having the same issue with the keyboard not working at all on wine 1.5.8 on my mac.

10. I have a Integrated graphics card intel g33/31 and the game only show sprites! Is there a way to fix this?

11. klabelkholosh says:

Greetings from South Africa!

The game is great! The graphics and the music are very very good.

Congratulations and well done!!

12. Barry Woodward says:

La-Mulana belongs on GOG.com. GOG is the premiere destination for DRM-free games. Unlike Steam, they give the proper time and attention to each of their releases. They’re always looking to add more developers to their site. You can contact them directly here about carrying your game:

13. This game is every bit as fantastic as it was the first time I played it way back. Thanks for making it even prettier (well, let’s say pretty in a different way since the other captured the beauty of the MSX perfectly).

I’m in the process of convincing every single person I know to get this game. How can anyone not love it?

14. Troubled says:

Hello, I can’t seem to get La-Mulana to launch on my 64-bit Vista machine. As soon as the executable is launched the game crashes. After playing around a lot, I managed to get the game to “play”. I could hear myself moving and selecting menus, but the screen was blank. I have reinstalled it many times, updated my videocard drivers, launched as administrator, and launched with XP compatibility. Even still, the game crashes before anything is seen. My system specs are: Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.00 GHz, 4 GB RAM, GPU ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

15. Michel says:

Thank you for your answer!

Yes, this might be the trouble. The refresh rate on my laptop is 59 Hz…
    I remember having the same problem with the first Dead Space. And to be able to play it, I had to plug another screen to my laptop!!! Is there another solution for me to play it on a laptop?

Cheers,

Michel

16. LA-MULANA STAFF says:

@Michel

Hi, This checker is very simple.
    But very strict to keep specification of La-Mulana.
    Probably, your system does not have display mode that has over VGA resolution with 60hz refresh rate.
    We think your system probably can run La-Mulana.
    But it will might be a bit faster(over 60fps like 62) or a bit slower(under 60fps like 58)
    Thank you.

17. Michel says:

Hello!

I’de like to buy the game and I tried the laMulanaChecker.exe and it says that my laptop is not enough! 🙁

But then my config seems decent enough:

– Vista 32 bits
    – Intel dual core T7100 1.8 Mhz
    – Nvidia 8600m gt (512 Mo)
    – 3 Go Ram

Please, help!

18. Arucard says:

@King Reggin
    Funny, because the original wasn’t on steam and did quite well, even with no developer help in a translation. There are other ways out there, Steam is fine but not the only option. Also, it’s been out for less than a week, it’s always a future possibility.

19. Shedgehog says:

Is it just me or is this game harder than the original. The bosses are a lot tougher than the original. Some puzzles are easier but others are harder like the fruit of eden puzzle. But this game is really good, you made the control better and I actually like to use some other weapons than my whip for a change. The best thing is that you finally made the walljumping control good. I can finally make it easily through that hole to get the chain whip but that miniboss is harder than ever. The music is great but not as good as the original. The graphics are so beautiful and I can finally see when a surprise fish is coming. The behemoth boss fight was so awesome that it was in 3D. Overall this game is worth an 8.5/10

20. ForOhFor Error says:

1. Hey NIGORO, Do you guys plan on releasing any sort of tool for editing the time attack maps? I recall you had such a tool for the original PC release. It wasn’t well documented, though.

2. To the people asking for a way in the pause menu to go to the title screen, it IS there. It’s on config, under ‘reset’. You can even load your quicksave.

…or you could just die in the game, with the same results.

21. I beat it and playing through again to find how soon I can get certain treasures.

22. I just added it to Steam as a non-Steam game. Feels good, man.

23. King Reggin says:

Not releasing on Steam means this game will ultimately die out. Kinda like not releasing anything for three years. It is time to don my pirate hat.

24. Aivalahostia says:

An exceptional job, congratulations to the entire team Lamulana, I enjoy like the first MSX games as the maze of Galiu and Usas, I love calsic style 2D games, and i thik Lamulana is the best ever made.

CONGRATULATIONS

25. This experience feel truly unique, carries a soul. Admire how much craftmanship, cleverness, passion was put into your project. It shines through. When playing I get the feeling you had tons of fun creating the game.
    Only thing that can annoy me is the Axe animation. It feels unfinished.
    Will come back to this for a double dose of nostalgia.
    Hope it someday get a sequel!

26. Underwhelmed says:

Outstanding in every regard. After more than two years of delays and misfortune, it is great to finally have a chance to play this new version of one of my all time favorite games. I hope you guys sell a million copies, you certainly deserve it after all your hard work.

Playing on win7 64 and no issues.

27. Poiasdope says:

I used Win7 64bits and I’m yet to have any problem! 😀
    If you experience something strange, maybe it is because you installed it in the Program Files folder or something. Windows 7 is a bit finnicky about modifying things in the Programs File folder so you usually need administrator rights to avoid problems at saving the game, for example. ^^”

I installed it at C:\Games\La-Mulana\ and it works fine! I’m having lots of FUN. FUN FUN FUN.

Thank you so much Nigoro! <3

28. retard says:

Linux user here!

The game seems to be running perfectly under Wine 1.5.8 – except for the keyboard being completely unresponsive. If the game worked under linux (like the original La Mulana does – wonderfully!) it would probably expand your audience.

Apart from the keys being completely non-responsive, everything looks great – I will try to find my gamepad and see if that works any better.

I love your game, and can’t wait to play it!

29. zoser says:

best $15 i ever spent

30. Stringkiller says:

I’m loving this game, I discovered the original a few weeks ago and when I was half way through I read about the remake coming to pc! It’s awesome.
    I’ve found a weird bug however, when fighting against a couple of big flying faces with lasers in Tower of the Godess my game crashes right when I beat them, I don’t know if it’s a bug or something is messed up with my pc… I hope it’s not a game-breaking bug!

Keep up the good work!

31. YouCallThisArchaeology says:

Well worth the cash I put out for it.

The exploding chest was so genuinely surprising that I didn’t even mind when I died to it.

32. Turk Ranma says:

I’ve been completely hooked so far! I love the slight changes added from the original as far as item locations and map designs — really makes it an original experience!

Haven’t found any glitches so far, so that’s a plus too 😀

One thing to note — BAHAMUT IS EVIL AND I HATE HIM.

33. Garlyle says:

It’s been amazing

Although, on Hard Mode, the bosses are so difficult ;n; I didn’t expect you guys to change boss difficulty in Hard Mode since it didn’t in the original!

Does the PC release include Hell Temple, by the way?

34. Cardia says:

Blechy, I think if you want to make some money, you have to explore again the levels.
    That’s what I do, I can’t be bored with this game, so I warp to the Surface, and do all my way without warping to another place.

35. Silverhawk says:

Hi,

I really enjoy the remake of LA MULANA but I found a bug. When I use my XBOX 360 Wireless Controller the game sometimes hang itself up if I go for example to the options menu and then renturn via EXIT to the main menu.

I also have a question:
    How do I quit the game and return to the main menu or desktop after I played?

36. Arucard says:

I was never able to make it through the original, this one seems easier in one way and harder in others, but keeps the same overall feel of the original. I’m glad to see some changes big and small too, and enjoying the game very much.

Had no problems installing/playing at all on Vista (even with accidentally installing in the same folder the old game was in) and using a Logitech Dual Action gamepad works perfectly with no extra effort.

Thanks so much for working hard to make sure we could play this, and great job on it! 🙂

37. Majin Wamu says:

hello, I found another little bug. It seems if you leave the huts at the start really quickly, the little text recorder thing will bounce back and fourth and never go away. It will just bounce left and right at the bottom of the screen.

Other than that the game is still amazing. I tried to play the Japanese version exactly a year ago from now and I got stuck and lost my chance an the finally upgrade for the whip. This game is by far one of the best games I have ever played

38. Blechy says:

I’ve been having a lot of fun playing, and definitely consider it a great remake. The execution is harder than the original but still fair, and the puzzle solving is easier, aided by the text tracking rom.

The one thing I don’t like is that as far as I can tell the pot spawns don’t replenish themselves – this has led to needing to buy a lot of ammo/weights, but I feel like if I run out of money I’m going to be totally screwed. Fortunately it hasn’t been a concern yet, but I’ve been extremely conservative with my ammo. There might also be some way of replenishing them that I’ve totally missed.

I also wanted to apologize, because in the early early stages when art was first being posted, I said that I didn’t think the visuals would work. While I still prefer the look of the original, the look & feel of the remake are great, and it’s definitely a lot of fun. I hope it sells well and I look forward to your future games!

39. CrispyYoshi says:

Does beating Hell Temple count as screaming? D:

But seriously, this is a wonderful game, and I can see myself playing this a lot. When I played the 8-bit version, I thought it was impossible to make a game more difficult and more fun, and you guys somehow pulled it off. Being a retro fan, I was actually shocked I enjoyed the 32-bit version of the game more than the 8-bit version!

*spoilers*

I especially enjoyed the shoutout to the person who commented about the Shield controls in duplex’s Developer Room.

40. Andy says:

A better solution for the Window 7 x64 issue is to put the game in your user directory.
    I do not like running apps as admin if can avoid it.

41. Jason Paul says:

I’ve been getting the save glitch, so I tried out the method you used, and it works like a charm. I have to get an approval every time I run the game, but otherwise, it works just fine. Thanks a lot, you guys. I’m enjoying the game immensely.

42. I run Windows 7 64-bit and I don’t have any problems.

43. TamerKoh says:

I’m having a blast! I’m dying often in my playthrough, ha ha! I’ve also gotten stuck a few times and had to look up what to do next (finding the Bronze Mirror, for instance). You are all welcome to watch my playthrough! It’s still underway, but the first 30 parts are already uploaded here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8f4FTIeE5k&list=PL93E9B7CD5D7198FA&feature=view_all

Thanks for bringing us the game! Lots of twists for returning players in here. I swear I half-expected to be able to find certain items or secrets in places, and got fooled because of the changes. Xelpud does seem to have a new humorous value to him. Ultimately, I’d say it’s more difficult in some areas than it used to be…I can’t tank with the Knife and spam like I used to be able to. You have to play more strategically, because many of the enemies have different tactics and weaknesses now…I’m now messing around in the backside, and just got the Feather.

44. Lance says:

Hey guys, I just wanted to thank you for finally releasing this game in America. I know it was a long and difficult process, and I appreciate all the effort you put into it. I’m enjoying the game a lot!

45. Strider says:

By the way, i have also bought the japanese guidebook, only for collection… And for aid Japan, of course.
    I do not speak and read japanese, but the illustrations are absolutely wonderful!!!
    I hope to see the guidebook translated at least in english.
    Forza GIappone!!!

46. Strider says:

Currently playing on Windows 7 x64, no problem. I don’t have set the XP compatibility nor launched the game as Administrator.
    Try different resolution, windowed or full screen and zoom to test. The game work perfectly. Maybe, i’m lucky…
    This remake is absolutely fantastic!
    I’m currently exploring the temple of the moon… Hard as mithril… 🙂

47. Edgeworth says:

I had lots of fun in the beginning even though it was pretty much 1:1 of the first La-Mulana for a while. Then after killing the boss in the temple of sunshine I encountered the first disrepancy as I did not find the Bronze mirror. When trying to reach the Temple of Confusion I got shivers as I instead ended up in a place called Eden. It is so much fun to re-explore the temples of La-Mulana now that I know previous knowledge wont help me much anymore 😀

48. Alex says:

I love La Mulana, I just played the first 4 hours and I feel like being 8 years again playing Usas on my MSX2. Thanks for making this game.

I’m just sad about the non physical format, but nowadays it’s digital is faster and cheaper, I understand.

Regards from Spain.

49. Doriphor says:

FIRST ! IIIII LOOOOOVE ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT !!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE <333333333333

It works for me on Windows 7 x64 without any changes! But the option screen freezes the game when nothing is being changed in the options before exiting options. Also, there should be a way to go back to main menu from the map screen or inventory screen! I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU !!!!